TONY SANTOS serves as Managing Principal of the firm and most recently served as Vice President and General Counsel of JMsolutions, a part of JM Family Enterprises, Inc., a $12.2 billion diversified automotive services company based in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Prior to joining JM Family Enterprises, Mr. Santos was in private practice in Miami, Florida handling corporate and commercial transactions for multinational technology concerns and representing banks throughout the Americas in cross-border matters. He is a frequent lecturer on issues involving international law, information technology transactions and laws and arbitration law and procedures.
Throughout his career Mr. Santos has been involved in numerous business and professional organizations. Presently he serves as:
- Member of Steering Group for Law Student, LLM and New Lawyer
- Outreach Committee, American Bar Association Section of International Law ABA Representative to Inter-American Bar Association Council
- Deputy Meeting Chair of the 2012 Fall Meeting of the American Bar Association Section of International Law
In the past, his positions have included:
- American Bar Association Representative to United Nations Economic and Social Council
- Co-Chairman of the Planning Committee of the 1997 and 2009 Fall
- Meetings of the American Bar Association Section of International
- Chairman from 2001-2002 of the International Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Co-Chairman of the Inter-American Law Committee of the American Bar Association Section of International Law
- Member of Council of the Inter-American Bar Association based in Washington, DC
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Member, Board of Directors (04-07)
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Member, Board of Governors (99-06)
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Vice-Chairman, Chairman’s
- Circle of 100 (05-06)Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Chairman, International Business
- Development Committee (04-05)Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Chair, Professional Services
- Programs and Missions Committee (98-04)
Mr. Santos has been recognized as one of the “101 Most Influential People in the International South Florida Business Community” and is listed in Who’s Who in International Business in Miami and South Florida. He has held numerous positions in community organizations in South Florida over the years.
Mr. Santos is a 1984 graduate of the University of Miami School of Law, a 1981 graduate of the University of Miami’s School of Business Administration (with honors) and is admitted in Florida. He also conducted graduate work in economics at the University of Miami’s Law and Economics Center while attending the School of Law.
Mr. Santos holds the highest peer review rating of AV assigned by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Santos is fluent in Spanish and conversant in Brazilian.
With its of counsel relationship with The Stokes Law Firm located in San Antonio, Texas, and Miami, Florida, the firm has access to lawyers admitted to practice in a wide number of US jurisdictions as needed.
Our objective: providing legal services to enterprises seeking solutions to the challenges of new technologies.